Termite control Long Beach, when done on time can save you a great deal of time and money. For most homeowners, the mistake they make is that of assuming that their home is termite proof. Just because your house has a concrete foundation and metal beams doesn’t mean termites will not be a problem. Termites are constantly searching for food. You definitely have wooden furniture, clothing and other items that can serve as a source of food. Regardless of how pest proof you think your house is, you must always arrange for regular pest inspections. Termites remain hidden most of the time and you might never notice their presence until it is too late.
With that being said, let’s take a look at the two best approaches you can use when dealing with termites. Needless to say, working with a termite company Long Beach makes more sense if the infestation is severe or if you don’t have the time or any clue on how to deal with termites. The two great solutions will help you get rid of termites whether you are tackling the problem on your own or with the help of an exterminator.
Fix moisture problems
The majority of termites prefer high moist areas. This is why termites live underground and build mud tunnels to protect themselves from direct sunlight and extremely dry air. When the moisture levels in your house are high, you will find yourself dealing with termite problems every now and then. Some of the things you should do to eliminate the moisture problems include the following:
- Divert water from the foundation of your house
- Repair the leaking water pipes, faucets and A/C units
- Drain stagnant water in and around your house
- Keep the vents clear and open
- Ensure proper drainage on the roof
- Seal the entry points around utility lines and pipes
Eliminating moisture is the first step to effective termite control Long Beach. Once that is done, you can proceed to the second solutions.
Remove food sources
Another reason why termites will come into your house is because it offers a good source of food. Yes the colony may be located underground but termites will move aboveground to look for food. Termite companies Long Beach will advise you to get rid of all food sources if you wish to see permanent results in termite control. You need to do the following things:
- Place screens on the outside of vents
- Keep lumber, firewood and paper far from the foundation of your house and away from crawl spaces.
- Check the decks and wooden structures for damage
- Store firewood above ground.
- Eliminate stumps as well as debris from near your house
- Keep the house and compound clean
These two solutions will come in handy when dealing with termites. Even so, you need to arrange for regular professional inspections. Only an expert will be able to spot a termite problem before it gets worse.