Termite control Long Beach can be very difficult if you don’t understand these creatures clearly. These pests multiply rapidly and they can quickly weaken a structure. Treating only the pests you can see is not the right way forward. It is imperative that you destroy the colony if you wish to get rid of the problem once and for all. Below are some of the important points you need to understand about termites.
There are 2,500 species of termites known to man and 300 of them are considered to be pests. Although these insects damage structures, they play an important role of breaking down biodegradable products in order for them to release the essential elements into the soil. Their integral role in nature becomes destructive once these creatures get into homes. You need to contact reputable termite companies Los Angeles as soon as you notice these pests. This is mostly so when considering that termites cause more damages than fires in homes. In America alone, 1 billion dollars is spent every year in termite control.
Which damages are caused by termites?
- Chewing through wooden furniture
- Eating wooden frames to the extent of causing a building to collapse
- Their saliva is known to cause rust
- They bite
Which conditions favor them?
When it comes to pest control Long Beach, the first thing you have to do is to understand what is luring the pests into your home. In the case of termites, they are attracted to:
- Moist environments
- Decaying pieces of wood
How to Prevent an Infestation
The key to effective termite control lies in making your home unfavorable to these pests. In addition to getting advice from pest control companies Long Beach, you have to do the following:
- Clear the moist environments in as well as around your house
- Destroying the termite mounds
- Remove vegetation that are near your home
- Remove debris in downspouts and gutters
- Seal entryways (cracks) in the floors and walls
- Remove pieces of wood that are near or touching your home
- Apply a new coat of paint on the wooden structures
- Hire termite companies Long Beach to inspect your home at least once each year
Once you notice a termite infestation, the first thought that comes to mind is the use of pesticides. The market is filled with all sorts of pesticides that you can use. Most of them are, however, ineffective. If you need the best chemicals to use in termite control Long Beach, you have to consider getting expert help. Focus on the organic pest control products.
Natural control methods
- Seal cracks that pests can use to crawl into your home
- Use traps
- Create a dry environment that disfavors termites from settling in your home
- Encourage termite predators such as bird, beetles, spiders and wasps.
- Consider crop rotation
- Add organic materials in the soil to control the termite species that feed on dead plants
- Use strong bar magnets to repel termites that build nests in north-south directions
Hire an expert
When shove comes to push, you should consider hiring an expert in termite control Long Beach. He will guarantee speedy and permanent results.